kellyparkerdesigns

Thursday, January 05, 2006

New for 2006

well here i am...posting to a blog. never thought i would take the time.

started with a yahoo group that is devoted to making art every day in 2006 so i will be posting my ramblings and art here. i am looking forward to making art every day, so much so, that i have made a pact with myself...i am posting it here so that i can hopefully be prodded to make art every day. here it is -

My goal is to take a little time each day and work on art. I want to work on something each day, be it a collage, a doll, an altered book, a print, a drawing, or an oil painting, doing some kind of art each day is the goal. I'm focusing on quality and quantity for this project, I am thinking of working in a series. I have many ideas and I want to try to put them together into a series from which I can work. I have started gathering words and phrases to use for 2006.
Some of the ideas I have are to create ancestor collages and to use “mom sayings” to create one of a kind pieces of art. I will use the calendar idea in such a way that it will reflect each piece as I finish it with the date for the purpose of keeping track of 365 days. I love to work with numbers and words and this will allow me to use both in each collage. I want to be able to work in several areas combining new and varied techniques to complete at least something everyday whether it is a project that has already been started or a new project.
I want to work on mastering some of my skills and refining others such as drawing and colored pencil. I will be working with several sizes of canvas panels along with paper to create my art work (4” by 4”, 8”by 8”, 4” by 6”, 6” by 8”, 5” by 7”, 16” by 20”, 9” by 12” and some ATC size). I want to work on combining the materials I have and techniques into collages that are unique and a part of me. I have lots of art books with techniques that I would like to explore this year.
I will take one of my many art books and work with several ideas each day to create a piece of art. I want no restrictions on what my theme will be or what I will be working with each day, whatever is at hand will be used and whatever is near the work table is fair game for collage fodder.
I also plan to keep a journal throughout the year to document my process and progress. For me this will be a large accomplishment…I have tried several times to keep a journal and it is hard to do. It is hard for me to express my thoughts on paper in writing so my journal for 2006 will be expressed with written ideas for art work and small drawings of what happened during the day. I want to make this my first commitment each day.
This is the commitment I am making to myself be creative each day in 2006. I know it sounds like a lot of work but in order to have art in my life each day I know I will have to commit to doing it every day. I have no set rules other than I want to work in my journal each day. This exercise I hope will keep my creative muse working towards my goal of making art everyday.

thanks for reading
Kelly
check out my other work at www.picturetrail.com/kellyparker

3 Comments:

  • Kelly...couldn't find the question, must be dense...but I like your new ATCs!

    By Anonymous CC (DD 365), at 3:56 PM, January 17, 2006  

  • Kelly,
    Make one more commitment to yourself: Use that stuff you have!!! Start by making a collage on a substrate you've been saving till you're "good enough." Entitle it: I'm Good Enough or My Art is Good Enough or Good Enough or If It's Good Enough for Me, I'm Good Enough for It! There. Now that you have your title, the rest will be a piece of cake. Keep Creating.
    Hugs,
    Sherry Foley
    Huntsville, AL

    By Anonymous Sherry, at 7:14 PM, January 24, 2006  

  • Hello,

    Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Blockbuster.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie OSS 117: Lost In Rio 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


    Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 AM, April 11, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home